I photoshopped together the mural my middle school students and I made. It took us about a year to finish, and was definitely a challenge, and took a long time, but it turned out pretty great!
The initial process, I drew the buffaloes onto transparencies and we used a projector and sharpies to outline the buffaloes and shapes. 8th graders from last year started on the middle three buffaloes. Then when we started the year again, 6th graders learned about gradient scales and blending and painted in all of the shapes. 8th graders from this year finished up the two first baby buffaloes, which were added to celebrate our elementary students. 7th graders worked on the far right buffalo, but had a lot of help from me. Then the memorial was added by two 8th graders, one who has awesome penmanship drew her design on a transparency and they projected, traced, and painted it. Lastly, I had a group of a few 8th graders and 6th graders help to do touch ups with wall paint and black paint. We are just waiting for it to be sealed now!